My sweet Momma is 60 today! I know, I know…she totally doesn’t look (or act) that old. Last Saturday night we managed to pull off a major surprise Fiesta for her. I’m still not quite sure how we did it without someone spoiling the surprise but somehow we did…and it was GREAT!
Here’s a few pictures Garen got (while not chasing kids around):
It took so long to make the piñata that I named him. Meet Spike!
I have to admit that I had a blast planning the party. My big craft projects that you can (kinda) see above kept me entertained for at least a month. They included:
- Spike, the cactus piñata
- 60 marquee lights
- Pom poms for the lights
- Piñata cake pop stands
- Spray painting multiple cake stands from goodwill
- Flower arrangements
- Menu design
We also had a photo booth. I didn’t get the Pinterest background done that I had planned but thankfully our friend, Debbi, let us use her beautiful blankets. I think it was a hit. Here’s a few that I thought were cute:
Special thanks to:
- Studio On The Square – amazing venue, tables, chairs, table cloths
- The Knife and Cork– catering of super tasty nacho bars and dessert nachos
- Lulu Pops by Lina– Lemon, Fun-fetti, and red velvet cake pops were a huge hit…especially with Clara, who we think had 12 or 13
- Bluedog Liquor– Beer, Wine, and Margaritas
- Specs- Sangrias
- The Print Shoppe in Austin– menu cards
- Sam’s club in Mansfield – Fiesta cake with succulent
- Kroger in South Arlington- Flowers
- Efavormart– Table runners and napkins
- RSVP Waco– Additional chairs
- Complete Weddings– DJ Garrett
- Manual labor- Alexander, Brian, Emilie, Garen, and Dad
3 thoughts on “Photo Friday: Mom’s 60th”
Thank you Liz, for instrumenting the beautiful party. I have never been surprised like this nor have I had a special party.
Thanks to everyone who helped celebrate.
LikeLiked by 1 person
The pictures say it all. Precious family and friends celebrating a mother, friend, wife and grandmother…what a bundle of joy! Happy Belated… so glad it was a great surprise. So hard to keep such a big celebration secret. Kudos for all involved. Liz…wow!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re too kind!!!