Anna asked for an ice cream maker for Christmas. She saw one in the toy section at Target one day but I knew my patience would not allow for us to make ice cream “Easy Bake” style (although she did get an Easy Bake oven for Christmas).
So, I decided to go with a “real” ice cream maker so we could all enjoy it. My mom had this one: Cuisinart ICE-30R Pure Indulgence Frozen Yogurt Sorbet & Ice Cream Maker. She liked it and it got good reviews so we ordered it from Amazon.
What I like about it:
- It looks nice. I like red appliances, so that’s the color we got….not that it’s sitting out a ton.
- It’s super fast. 20-25 minutes and you’ve got ice cream.
- 2 quarts is a perfect amount for us.
- No more cranking…although I do have very fond memories of cranking my Grammy’s ice cream maker when the motor was struggling just before it was ready.
- No more salt…unless I figured out how to make salted caramel mocha ice cream…
- It stores nicely.
- It’s easy to clean and wash.
- It came with some tasty recipes in the manual…although I probably will refer to family recipes and good ol’ Pintrest going forward. And maybe a little bit of trial and error with the kids and Garen as guinea pigs.
What I don’t like about it:
I can’t really think of anything at the moment. I guess maybe I wish I had two so I could make two flavors at the same time!
Yes, folks, it really is that good. They didn’t give it the name “Pure Indulgence” for nothing….
The only thing that beats homemade vanilla ice cream are the smiling faces you see when they taste it… and maybe how easy this machine makes it!
Happy Mommy Review Monday to you!