After the first two times cooking in the Instant Pot, Garen, who usually cleans the kitchen after I cook, suggested that we look for a “non-stick” version. Sooooo….I went to Amazon. Where else?
Here’s what we found and purchased: Genuine Instate Pot Ceramic Non-Stick Interior Coated Inner Cooking Pot- 8 Quart.
- It is lightweight. I read some reviews that people thought the lightweight properties made it not as great to use but I’ve had no issue with that affecting our dishes so far. This could be a issue later potentially if it bends but I think being careful with it will prevent that. Only time will tell.
- It wasn’t as expensive as I expected, ringing up at $24.99 at the time I purchased it. I really think it’s worth that much just to have a second bowl should I need one with a meal that requires multiple dishes cooked in your Instant Pot.
- It seems to cook just as well as the original for the dishes I’ve used it for.
- It fits fine into my Instant Pot even though I did read some reviews that some people got pots that would not fit correctly.
- It cleans better than the regular pot it came with. Yes, I am the mom that hates having to soak and/or scrub dishes. And I married to a man that hates it too and since he does most of the kitchen clean-up when I cook, I’m going to make his job as easy as possible when I can.
- I wouldn’t say it’s still completely non-stick but it’s still way easier to clean that the original pot. See above comment.
- This isn’t really a negative so much as an added requirement- you must use non-metal utensils. This isn’t an issue for me since I rarely use metal anyway due to almost always cooking in non-stick pots and pans.
- You can’t use the metal steamer insert your Instant Pot comes with. Actually, you can but I don’t recommend it because it will scratch the coating, just like metal utensils would. Because of this I’m still using my original pot for boiling eggs, steaming, etc. but you can be assured that this silicone steamer set is my next purchase. I’ll let you know how it works!
What are your favorite Instant Pot accessories? I’d love for you to share!
Happy Instant Potting!