Boiled eggs in the Instant Pot are a perfect way to get started with your Instant Pot. If you’re like I was in the beginning, you’re just a little bit nervous. Starting with a simple recipe like this will make you feel confident when they turn out perfectly……or at least it did me!
I didn’t come up with this on my own. Thank you to Pinterest for helping me to find this recipe for Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot from Heather at Passion for Savings. Definitely go check out her blog.
A little bit about these eggs:
- I think these are technically steamed rather than boiled but they turn out better than I ever made by boiling because they’re all consistently cooked with the pressure.
- They peel sooooo much easier than the ones I’ve made boiling.
- They save me a ton of money because I had been buying the boiled eggs from Sam’s Club- two dozen for $8.78. Now I can buy a two 18-packs for $5.86 and cook one almost as fast and for a fraction of the cost. When I’m on Weight Watchers, boiled eggs are a go-to snack and breakfast food because they’re so healthy, easy, and fast.
- I cooked 18 at a time but could’ve easily done two dozen the same way.
- Some of the eggs cracked- making them a little “uneven” looking but they taste the same. I’m assuming that this happened because they had small cracks that I didn’t see before I cooked them.
At this point you’re probably ready for me to tell you the recipe. Here it is, even though it’s really too simple to even be considered a recipe!
- 1-2 dozen eggs
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- Put your trivet in the Instant Pot and gently put the eggs on it, stacking them as necessary.
- Add 1 Cup of cold water to the bottom of the Instant Pot
- Secure the lid and set the valve to seal
- Cook on Manual for 8 minutes
- Allow the eggs to Natural Release for 2 minutes and then Quick Release
- Quickly remove the eggs to an ice bath to cool off
- Peel and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Now you can enjoy your boiled eggs. Happy Instant Potting!