UPDATE: So I guess I really am blonde (pun soooo intended). I just realized that I’ve already posted this recipe. I guess I thought it was just that good. The post is pretty much the same thing but maybe a little better photos if you want to check it out. Sorry ’bout that folks! Happy baking anyway!
- Super easy
- I almost always have everything that it calls for
- Everyone loves them
- Quick prep and cooking
- Taste great
- Who doesn’t like chocolate chips?!?
- It was a recipe my Grammy made very often and it’s in one of my handwritten cookbooks from her. It originally was from Marty Henkes, a dear family friend.
Enough about why. You probably want to know how to make them. You won’t regret it.
- 2 C Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 C Butter
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1 small pckg semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add other ingredients except flour and chocolate chips.
- Once blended, slowly add flour and mix.
- Spread batter into greased pan. It will be very thick and it’s ok if it doesn’t go all the way to the side on the pan- it will expand as it bakes.
- Top the batter with chocolate chips- try to spread them evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool slightly before cutting into squares.
Enjoy. You better taste one before you serve them because they won’t last long and you may not get one! But beware…it may be hard to stop with just one. I actually think I may let Garen cut them next time just so I don’t sneak to many!