This salad was supposed to be a mojito fruit salad but Kroger was out of mint. Soooo… I decided to try it with cilantro since I had some from the BBQ Pineapple Ham Sauté that I made.
- About 4 cups watermelon, cut into bite size pieces
- About 3 cups, sliced strawberries
- Lime juice, either 1/2 cup or 6 limes
- 6 tbsp sugar (powdered sugar can be used for a thicker consistency)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Put the cut fruit and chopped cilantro in a large bowl. In a small bowl mix the lime juice and sugar until dissolved. Pour the mixture over the fruit and mix well. Put it in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to let the juices soak together.
Garen’s review: “It’s good. Very refreshing. Less watermelon.” Did I mention he doesn’t like watermelon? We needed to use it though.