I can’t take credit for finding this group because Garen introduced this lovely group to me. If you’re like me, you quickly get tired of kids music.
Enter Big Block Singsong.
- They will crack you up with their off-the-wall lyrics. This may be helpful if you’re ever in the car with everyone yelling at each other….not that we ever experience that in our family….
- You don’t have to worry about anything offensive or bad words. I guess that’s almost a given with children’s music but a pro is s pro.
- Even your older kids will like them, despite there being no inappropriate language.
- They’re educational in a bazar way.
- As a mom of girls, the “Princess” song is empowering, yet allows them to feel like it’s ok to be a girly-girl. Is that too much to read into a children’s song? Maybe…
- The music is decent too. Very upbeat.
- They’re easily found on YouTube or iTunes.
What they could do better:
- I’m not a huge fan of the videos. I expect too much of them but we never really watched them anyway so that’s not a huge deal. They’re probably perfect for babies and toddlers so I guess that’s really a positive rather than negative.
- Maybe produce more songs? Yes, I like them that much. No more negatives for them.
There you have it. What are you waiting for? Check them out.
Hair is one of our family favorites if you need a starting point….or a quick pick-me-up.