Because I knew Garen Grillmaster was already going to be grilling Cilanro Ranch Chicken for us last night, I went ahead whipped some sauce up for him to cook some Grilled Sriracha Honey Chicken.
Garen loves Sriracha…He puts it on an estimated 40% of his food, so when I saw the pin of Sweet Sriracha Chicken from Kacey at The Cookie Writer, I knew I had to try it. Only, I did an adapted version of it because I did these things different:
- I love fresh cilantro and used that rather than dried basil.
- I had crushed pepper flakes instead of crushed red pepper.
- I didn’t have soy sauce (shocking, but true).
- I use pre-minced garlic (because I buy it at Sam’s, it stores forever in the fridge, and it saves a little time).
Warning: This recipe packs some heat so if you don’t do well with spiciness, my friends, this recipe is not for you.
- 2 lbs chicken breast, about 4-6 pieces
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp, minced garlic
Mix all ingredients well together in a bowl. Brush about half of the sauce onto the chicken. Cook on the grill around 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat, until cooked through (Garen Grillmaster handled this part). Brush on more sauce a couple times during the cooking.
It was spicy, yet sweet and very tender. We will have it again. Next time probably with some grilled corn and potatoes.