Every year I set goals for myself at the beginning of the year. Original, right???
One of my goals this year (and, honestly, the last probably 10 years) is to declutter. However, we’re in the process of potentially closing on a new (to us) home. With that, we will likely be selling the home we’re in. And, because of that, we must move.
Moving brings stress. It also brings opportunity. Lemons to lemonade….
I digress. The opportunity I speak of is the opportunity to declutter. REALLY declutter. Like get rid of stuff I don’t need and/or want.
For those of you who don’t know, I LOVE audio books. As much as I’m on the road, I use the time to read either for pleasure, education, or self-development. One of the latest books that popped up as a suggestion to me was called Decluttering at the Speed of Life: Winning Your Never-Ending Battle with Stuff by Dana K. White. I’m a fan. Here’s why:
- She reads the book herself and you can tell she’s got a sense of humor. It stuck a familiar cord with me. Like we could seriously be friends.
- It really is “decluttering at the speed of life,” meaning it’s not something you have to plan to have hours blocked out to do. 5 minutes is all it takes to get started. Mind = blown. ADHD friends, this book will help you out. Get out those iphones and start your stop watches!
- It breaks it down into the areas that matter most- the ones you can’t hide. Her thoughts are that if you start with those, you’ll get on a roll and the others will come easier. Kinda. Just listen and it’ll all make sense.
- It’s not long and complicated. No- “do you love these things?” or “show your stuff the respect it deserves” type mumbo-jumbo. It’s practical.
- She introduces the container theme- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. Just wait… I’m guessing you will too. I’m not going to be a book spoiler. Just read and/or listen to it.
That’s it. Because….guess what?!? One of my other goals this year is to blog once a week. That means that my blog posts HAVE to start being short, sweet, and to the point. So, with that said, Happy Mommy Review Monday and may the decluttering be as addicting for you as it’s become for me!