I love my Member’s Mark 14 Inch Non-Stick Fry Pan. I bought my first one about 10 years ago from Sam’s Club. In the last year or two it hasn’t been sitting evenly on my stove-top. I believe, between Garen and I, one of us probably washed it before it was completely cool, causing it to warp. Easy mistake and it wasn’t a huge deal but I planned to replace it and just kept forgetting every time I went to Sam’s.
My birthday came along and Garen gave me a new one. Yea! I kept the old one in case I need a second one to cook two things at once. We even named the new one.
Peter. Peter Pan.
Garen gets the credit for that little piece of humor.
- Price. At $26.98, if it only lasts a couple of years that’s still awesome.
- Non-stick. It is super easy to clean. That’s a must in our house.
- Dishwasher safe. It barely fits into the bottom rack but it does. Most times we just wash it by hand though because it’s so easy to clean. It’s always nice to have the option to be a little on the lazy side though.
- Size. At 14″, it’s big enough to cook a nice one-pot dish or about 3-4 pancakes at a time. That’s important when you’ve got lots of mouths to feed.
- Cooks well. I should start by saying that I’m not a chef. However, for the dishes I make it seems to cook pretty well. Especially for the price. If you’re a chef, this may not be the quality you want but it works great for me, as an amateur on a budget.
- Long life. Despite us warping it, it has held up well. I am pretty good about not using metal utensils with it so that does help. I would imagine it’ll last another 10+ years if we take care of it.
What I would change:
- An Additional Handle. I’d add another handle. It’s pretty heavy to handle if you need to move it when it’s fully loaded. Imagine draining meat. I can do it with one hand but it’s a job. Thankfully I’m always lugging around one (or more) toddlers and have forearms of steel!
- Ovenproof. I wish it could be put in the oven. It is what it is. You can’t have you’re non-stick skillet and bake it too….or at least not in this price point.
- Add a Lid. I wish it had a lid. Again, I could probably pay more and purchase one that came with a lid or potentially find one that would fit right. When I need one now, using foil works pretty well for a poor man’s lid.
This may be one of my next kitchen purchases: Tramontina 3-Piece Deep Sauté Pan Set (Assorted Colors). It seems to do everything that I listed as “likes” above and then all of the things I wish it also had. Plus, it comes in red, which is awesome!!!
In the meantime, I still love my big commercial kitchen frying pan and my sweet hubby for giving me Peter Pan! What’s your favorite stove-top pan? I’d love for you to share!
One thought on “Mommy Review Monday: Member’s Mark 14 Inch Non-Stick Fry Pan”