Both Clara and Kate started teething over 4 months ago. We quickly realized we needed some teethers that were easy for them to use. Our good friends’ son had this banana teether and they said he loved it so we found it on Amazon and ordered a couple.
What I like about them:
- They’re available on Amazon Prime.
- The girls can easily hold on to them and have been able to since 4 months.
- They fit easily into their small mouths which is something a lot of the traditional larger teething rings can’t do.
- Since they are dishwasher-safe, they are easy to wash.
- They’re made of medical-grade silicone so I’m pretty sure they’ll hold longer than we need them…if we manage not to lose them, that is.
- BPA, Phthalate, Latex, and Toxin free means you theoretically don’t have to worry about whatever bad things these materials cause.
- They’re actually baby toothbrushes so we are basically training them for brushing their teeth.
- The girls love them. Obviously that’s important. All of these other points wouldn’t matter if they hated them.
- This isn’t really that important to me but they are super cute. We take them almost everywhere and people always ask us where we found them.
- They have open loops so you can use plastic chains or pacifier straps to keep them from dropping.
What I would change:
- They could be a bit better priced. They’re not outrageous but $7.44 a piece does seem a little expensive to a tight-wad like me. It obviously wasn’t bad enough to keep us from buying multiple.
We love these so much that we’ve ordered 4 more, bringing us to 5 total since we sadly lost one somewhere. This way it is always a two-banana day at the Graves household. (The link is to a song by Big Block Sing Song, a hilarious band that sings children’s songs)