This vacuum really sucks!
Ok, ok….I’ll cut out the cheesiness for now.
But really, this vacuum has been worth every penny. It’s so great we named it: Mike Dyson. I know, I know….I said that I’d cut out the cheese. I couldn’t resist though.
Is there anything sexier than a man doing household chores?!? Ladies, my husband is the best…and not just because he vacuums the floor…although that does help!
Here’s what we both like about it:
- It’s rechargeable. It’s got a little bracket that you hang on the wall, clip it in, and it’s charging.
- It picks up almost everything. When I say almost anything- stuff smaller than penny size for the most part.
- The brush bar easily rotates around, making it easy to get under our kitchen cabinets, corners, and around the kitchen table (where we need it most).
- It’s got a canister vs. a bag and is very easy to dump out with what they call the “hygienic dirt ejector.”
- The filter is washable.
- It’s very light, so much so that the kids can easily use it all over the house. No more excuses. Actually, it’s one chore that they don’t mind.
- It cleans both hard floors and vacuums. Our living room rug is a shag. Just imagine how much it collects with 4 kids constantly playing on it- not to mention movie nights, eating dinner on it.
- It’s got multiple configurations- from vacuuming the floor, to the furniture, to hard-to-reach ceiling corners) thanks to the different attachments.
- It has regular and higher power suction (we only use the max power for the shag rug). In the max power mode it runs up to 7 minutes but up to 40 minutes in the regular suction mode. Vacuuming more than 40 minutes honestly sounds horrible to me so it’s not an issue for me.
Here’s Mike in his handy dandy charger. We put him conveniently on the wall in the laundry room, which is right next to the kitchen, where he gets the most use.
Here’s what I think could be improved:
Soooooo, I couldn’t come up with anything so I asked Garen. He also doesn’t have anything bad to say about it either.
Now that I think about it, it is quite an investment at roughly $400. We bought ours at Bed, Bath, and Beyond after Christmas and used a 20% off card and a few gift cards so it was actually only about $225 for us after that. And Mike Dyson been worth every penny for the convenience he provides us.
If you’re looking for a vacuum that is lightweight, convenient to use, and works really well, this is it. I’ve not used the many other models but I’m sure they’re all pretty good as well. Here’s the link to Dyson, where they have all of the models of the sticks (they just came out with a v10, which runs up to 60 minutes in case you MUST vacuum an extra 20 minutes).
Happy Mommy Review Monday everyone!
Disclaimer: I didn’t get paid for this and I haven’t had anyone from Dyson asking me to write a glowing review in exchange for a free vacuum but I’d probably be willing to take them up on that offer if their others work as well. Hint, hint, Dyson folks!