I drive a lot. A WHOLE lot. It’s part of being in sales, covering the state of Texas. With that, my tires see a lot of wear. I buy my tires from Discount Tire. And I’m soooo glad. Here’s why:
- You can buy certifications for them and they cover repairs and replacements for the life of the tire. What does this mean for me? Well, over the last two weeks I’ve managed to destroy two tires: one from a screw while driving on a jobsite and one today from what I think was a curb that totally popped up out of nowhere. Both were replaced and I just had to pay for the $30 to re-insure each of them.Yes, this is the family truckster earlier today.
- They will do a free air check. You know how during the winter months your tire pressure warning will come on in your car and you don’t know whether a tire is really low or not? It happens to me and because there are so many Discount Tires it’s really easy to swing into one. And if it’s low, they’ll inspect it to make sure there’s nothing wrong.
- They will rotate your tires for free too.
- They have amazing customer service. I have NEVER had a bad experience with anyone that works there. They are all very kind, fast, and honest. Today, as I sit here, it’s packed so there’s a wait. They offered me fresh coffee and water. They told me where the restrooms are without me asking and even told me there’s a QT (gas station that has pretty decent food too) next door. They keep people appraised of their progress. Service with a smile.
- They’ve got free WiFi, so I’ve got my laptop open and I’ve already gotten quite a bit of work done that I needed to.
- I’ve yet to be in one where they didn’t keep it clean and neat. It’s a nice, open layout with comfy chairs. None of those loveseats that you sometimes get stuck snuggled up next to a perfect stranger. That’s something you can’t say about all vehicle service places.
- They have great prices and give you plenty of options for tires- from super fancy to economy. They will tell you which ones they typically keep in stock, which helps me for cases like this where I am having to replace one.
- There are a TON of these places. I realize if you live in a rural area it might not be as easy to take as much advantage of all of the benefits such as the air check and tire rotations.
I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about them. I am super-thankful for them today as the family wagon and I limped into their parking lot, knowing that they’d get us taken care of. I’m pretty sure Garen is glad too- especially that I made it here without having to call in backup since even though I know how to change a tire, it’s been a LONG time!
Happy Mommy Review Monday!
And, FYI, I don’t get any kickbacks from these guys…although that would pretty awesome. Ha!