Are your kids hard on play shoes? Mine are. That was really a stupid question. What kid isn’t hard on shoes???
We go through a lot in our house. Fast.
I had been watching Facebook ads for Stride Rite made2play® Phibian Sneaker Sandal for a while but, being the semi-tightwad that I am, I wasn’t wanting to spend that much on a pair of shoes that looked like a glorified mixture of Keens and Crocs.
Finally, I was in Kid to Kid, my favorite local resale shop, when I spotted a pair of pink ones in Anna’s size that looked barely worn. They were still asking $15 for them, which is more than I really wanted to spend for a pair of gently used shoes…. even if they were Stride Rite. I went ahead and did it so I could try them out though.
And I’m so glad I did. Here’s why I love the Stride Rite made2play® Phibian Sneaker Sandals:
- They held up beautifully! That used pair…I actually packed it away to save for the littles- even after Anna wore them for a year and who knows who wore them before that! I have since bought Will a pair. We bought them in the spring last year and they still look pretty good, which is amazing because he’s the hardest on shoes of all of my kiddos.
- They clean easily. They’re kind of plasticish (I know that’s not a word but you get what I mean) so they wash off easily with just plane water and soap. I’ve never tried washing them in the washer because I haven’t ever needed to, although they say their machine washable so it must be ok!
- Parents who hate tying shoes over and over again for kids that should be able to tie their own darned shoes- rejoice. No laces! Easy-on-and-off is a wonderful feature.
- They come in pretty cool colors that aren’t all that crazy… or with cheesy characters on them- which is a little rare for easy-on/off shoes.
- They can wear them with or without socks comfortably.
- They seem super comfy because my kids wear them all the time….or they can’t find their other shoes. One of the two is correct.
- They dry out quickly. If your kids like to stomp in water or you’re going somewhere wet (think the beach or an amusement park), these are perfect. Or…if your kids have sweaty, stinky feet like mine do, they’re pretty good for that too. They smell less than any other pair of tennis shoes we’ve ever bought the kids even though they are being worn more.
- The price is right. $35 may seem high but it really isn’t for a pair that lasts an entire year to constant activity and wear, stays comfy, looks good, and can be worn in wet conditions. Oh, yeah- and can still be handed down to the next lucky kiddo in line. If they wear them for only 130 days, that’s just over $.26 a day.
You got it “rite” this time, Stride Rite. Yes, I know…. cheesy. Will would be embarrassed of that cheesy mom joke!
For the record- I bought these shoes and am receiving no payment, etc. for this review. The rambling review is mine, all mine.