Sometimes I think the best way to stay sane with four kids is to load everyone up and go somewhere. Here’s my logic behind today’s early-morning adventure to the park:
- Donuts are always a big hit with the kids (even if they aren’t the healthiest).
- Picking up breakfast meant I didn’t have to cook.
- The kids felt special because they got to pick their own treat. Check out the extra-cool donuts at our local shop.
- Picnicking with donuts at the park meant no stray sprinkles or chocolate on the floor- one more meal that my freshly cleaned kitchen stays that way.
- We got the kids out of daddy’s hair while he tended to the yard. (I think he got the short end of the stick but I did bring him some kolaches)
- It was beautiful first thing this morning. We were out the door by 8:15 and back around 9:45 or so. If you’re from Texas you know that early-morning park trips are the best. We still had some good shade at one of our beautiful nearby parks.
- Sitting in the house all day makes me crazy. Mainly because it also makes the kids crazy. Keeping them moving outside for as much time as possible is good. Will and Anna can burn off energy playing and Clara and Kate are big enough to swing in baby swings finally.