I did a lot of research and talking to other mothers of multiples to find out what gear we needed for twins. There are a lot of articles out there but here’s my opinions:
What you Need 2 of:
- Car seats
- High chairs
What is Nice to have 2 of:
- Cribs (our girls have always slept separately)
- Bouncer/vibrator chairs (try two get two different types so you can switch; we used these do feed them their bottles in)
- Swing/MamaRoo (try two get two different types so you can switch out when they get tired of them; we had one MamaRoo and one swing)
- Bumbo seat
- Baby carriers or sling (baby bjorn or whatever is given to you because chances are you wont use these too much if you’re like me because what do you do about the other baby)
- Exersaucers (try two get two different types so you can switch out when they get tired of the one they’re in; we have one that’s more of a bouncer and one is an exersaucer)
- An extra set of car seat/baby carrier bases (we have a see for each vehicle and it makes it a LOT easier than moving them back and forth)
What you only need 1 of:
- Playmat/gym (we have two because we had one and got another that has an awesome keyboard but you could totally only use one)
- Pac N Play (if you can get the twin one with dividing bassinets it works great for the early days)
- Diaper bag (we have an extra on hand in case we need to divide and conquer)
- Baby monitor (unless you’re using video and then you’ll probably only need one monitor but two cameras)
- Bath chair or bathing equipment (we only bathe them one at a time so this may change but I think you probably only need one to begin with)
Also, check out my post on What to Buy for Twins- Part 1: Furniture for more tips.
I’d love to hear your comments and recommendations!
One thought on “What to Buy for Twins – Part 2: Infant Gear”
Great post! I agree completely with getting 2 different infant chairs, the bouncer and vibration chair. My boys are 4 months and looove them. I’m debating getting a swing to see how they like that.