It took me a long time to break down and try dry shampoo, mostly because I always assumed it only worked for blondes. As I was getting my hospital bag ready for delivering the twins, one of the things I kept seeing on many new moms lists was dry shampoo. So I figured it was worth checking out. And I found that they make it for us dark haired beauties too. Duh. Of course they do. So, I went to Amazon and read a few hundred reviews before I decided to try out Batiste Dry Shampoo in Dark & Deep Brown. It actually says Divine Dark on the spray can.
After I got used to it, I was hooked. Here’s why I agree that it is divine dark:
- It freshens my unwashed hair up. Obviously. That’s the whole purpose, right??? Second (or third day) greasy hair, be gone! Don’t judge me….
- It’s easy. I saw online that there are some powders out there that you sprinkle on, which seems like (a) a mess for someone clumsy like me (b) time consuming (c) did I say a mess???
- It smells good but isn’t too strong.
- It doesn’t show up once you brush it out. See comment below.
- It provides camo for my stray grays that I’ve got peaking through. I’ve got at least one for each kids growing right now…. plus one for the cat, Garen, the kitchen remodel, the yard sale….need I go on???
- It’s reasonably priced. $23.05 for a three-pack.
- It’s available on Amazon. Available in 2 days, which is usually plenty fast.
- It’s not a huge can. When you travel as much as I do, you consider things like the size of your cosmetics and products.
- It gives me a bit of extra body. Disclaimer- some people may not like this because it does make your hair a bit stiffer and full. I, on the other hand, can use all the help I can get with my super-thin hair.
Here’s what I’d love more:
- I’d love it more if it didn’t show up at all when you sprayed it on your hair. Yes, I’m lazy enough to say that I’d rather not to have to brush it out. However, you do need to brush it or you’ll look like you walked into a cloud of baby powder. Once you brush it out, it’s as good as new though. It’s still faster than washing and drying my hair….
- I wish it was readily available at more stores. Even though it’s on Amazon, there are times that I get somewhere and I’ve forgotten to pack it. Dun, dun, dun…. Most stores don’t carry it and I’m just stubborn enough not to try another brand so I just have to wash my hair. First world problem, right?!?
- It gets your hands (see photo below) and can get your clothes dirty if you’re not careful. It will also wash out brown in the shower. The first time that happened I had forgotten about it and thought to myself, “Man, how did I get that dirty???” Then I remembered. Duh….
There you have it. Now any of you beautiful dark headed ladies can enjoy dry shampoo too if you haven’t already. And if any of you have a brand you like more, please let me know! I’d love to try it out compared to Batiste but I’m hesitant without a recommendation from a fellow dry shampooer….
Happy Mommy Review Monday!